FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS WITH MENTAL ILLNESS/DISABILITY
This is a project of Social Welfare Department, Govt. of Bihar which has been started at J.M.I.S.H. on 15th March 2015. According to the guideline of AASRA Home with a residential capacity for 50 inmates. The main objectives are;
- To provide residential care to women and girls who are homeless or without care-givers or they are vulnerable to abuse or exploitation.
- To provide, arrange or facilitate therapeutic cares like; Psycho Therapy, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy & Multi Sensory Integration therapy etc.
- To provide proper habilitation & rehabilitation. The better facilities of special education provided by this Institute by many experienced special educators. Proper emergency medical services, medical kit, ambulance services & medical facilities at 24×7 hrs.
- To provide proper vocational training & vocational skill development many trades viz. Beautician, Cutting Tailoring, Papermacy, cards & envelope making etc.
- It is a great initiative of state Govt. of Bihar to frame such a scheme for women with mental retardation/mental illness.
- Implementation of this scheme is a great challenge for implementing agencies.
- Implementation require lots of commitment, passion, professional expertise and specialized resources and resource team.
- Medical modal treats symptoms through medication.
- Being the most challenging population and lack of good model in the country only expertise in the profession and institution can handle this project.
- Psycho-socio Rehabilitation (PSR) is the core of this project. The process of facilitating an individual restoration to an optimal level of independent functioning in the community.
- Psycho-socio Rehabilitation uses community integration as a treatment modality to increase independence and offer social support.
- Creating a recovery oriented environment with encourage individuality, focuses on strength, fight stigma. Recovery is identified as “Deeply personal unique process of changing once attitude, value, feeling, skills and roles.
- Focusing to help the persons with severe and persist mental illness/retardation to restore their abilities for independent living socialization affective live management skills.
- To offer case management vocational rehabilitation medicine clinic, Psycho-socio Rehabilitation wellness and support programme and occupational therapy.
- Encouraging for participation in meaningful activity.
- Promoting hope-inspiring competence as a factor optimizing Psychiatric rehabilitation outcome.
Strategies For Aasra Scheme
Hope and recovery are deeply inter connected as hope is starting point of recovery process.